Thursday, April 16, 2020

How long has it been since you have been out?

One of the strangest things for me during this quarantine is being stuck inside. Usually, I am someone who goes almost continually, and I get bored at home. Honestly, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I haven't had too many moments of feeling stir-crazy. I attribute this to several things: a. I really have lots to do to keep up with providing online learning activities for all of my students. I am continually checking email, Google Classroom, and I spent a couple of days calling all the kids in my English classes. I am reading through the book for the English classes, Bomb, and I am creating more activities as I go. b. I am teaching an online college speech class right now. Every Monday and Wednesday, we have zoom meetings and I hear their newest speeches. Then I take the time to grade them and enter those grades. I am creating more activities we can all participate online doing. Their last day of class (final) is May 4, so after that, I will have one less thing to do. c. I am participating in teacher PD opportunites, including a book called Boys Adrift, about how boys are falling behind girls in education and life, generally speaking. It is an interesting read, and we have our teacher zoom meetings on Thursdays at 3. I am also participating in other PD opportunities like GLAD R&Rs held every Thursday as well via zoom. On Fridays, I have zoom meetings with my English department and the Gather4Him teachers, and tomorrow, I have a teacher's meeting for all Gather4Him teachers at noon. Besides all this, I am participating in church activities. On Monday nights, we have our life group via zoom. On Tuesday nights, I participate in a leadership group that meets at 6:30 via zoom. We are reading a really good book called Christian Leadership. I have enjoyed the principles in it, and it challenges me to be a better leader overall. Besides all of this, I am doing a Bible study called Help My Unbelief by Barnabas Piper. Rachel chose the study, and my gilrs and I are going through it together. I have been meaning to complete my Google 2 Certification since I already have Google 1, but I haven't had time believe it or not. I plan to still do it, but it won't be in KSD's time frame, so I won't be able to get the free clock hours and certification, unfortunately! Isn't it funny that one can be stuck and home and yet be busier than ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment