Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Tribute to Seniors

One way this virus and subsequent quarantine is affecting everyone is that seniors are missing out. As a teacher, my heart goes out to them most of all as indirect victims of this quarantine. Their senior prom has been cancelled. Their senior activities their last couple of months have been cancelled. They probably won't have a senior party, and their graduation may be cancelled. Some graduations across the country have already been cancelled. One thing that makes me sad is I don't get to say goodbye to my seniors I had in yearbook. Luckily, other than that, I didn't teach seniors. As a tribute, on facebook, many are posting copies of their senior pictures, so I thought I would post mine here. And seniors, please comment on this so we can always have a record: Tell how this situation is affecting you personally. Besides school activities, what else has been affected in your life? I'd like to hear. I also can't imagine how parents of seniors are feeling. Last year, my daughter Rachel graduated. I loved going through the senior activities with her. I feel for the parents who don't get to experience that this year. It is an emotional time, and I am sure they are going through even more emotions than normal with the way this pandemic is affecting them and their children. If they want to comment here, too, I would love to hear how they feel about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment